Here are a few quick facts about Zipfizz:
- No sugar! It is sweetened with Xylitol and Sucralose.
- Each serving only has 10 calories and 2 net carbs.
- Each serving also contains 41,667% of your daily value of B12 (no, that was not a typo!).
- Zipfizz also contains vitamins C, E, all B vitamins, folate, potassium, magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium, manganese, chromium, and sodium
- Zipfizz contains the amino acids arginine and taurine
- Zipfizz contains green tea extract, grape seed extract, ginger, and ginseng
- Zipfizz contains 100 mgs of caffeine
- Zipfizz comes packaged in small single serving tubes.
- The flavors of Zipfizz include Berry, Citrus, Grape, Orange Soda, and Pink Lemonade. I was also sent a special edition flavor of Orange Creamsicle.
Mixing together a serving of Zipfizz is super easy, and I was happy to find that the powder dissolves completely and doesn't clump up at all, which is one of my least favorite things about some powdered drink mixes.
The individual packaging is very handy and convenient. It is easy to open and you don't have to worry about it breaking and spilling powder everywhere.
So far I have tried the Orange, Creamsicle, Pink Lemonade, and Grape flavors, with my favorite being the Grape and my least favorite being the Orange and Creamsicle (I have not yet tried the Berry or Citrus flavors just due to forgetting about it until later in the day and not wanting to be up all night!).
The thing that stands out to me the most about the taste is that this stuff tastes SWEET! Almost a little on the too sweet side for me, but others may like that. However, knowing that the drink doesn't have any sugar in it helps me to feel better about drinking something that tastes so sweet. I will also add that there is a slight "vitaminy" aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of. As the name suggests, the drink is a bit fizzy (effervescent), too, which I really like. Overall I would say that the flavor is good, but I don't know if I would chug one of these everyday.
When I first saw that there was 41,667% of your daily value of B12 in one serving, my first thought was that this amount is super excessive and possibly not good for you. I asked the folks at Zipfizz about this and I was told that this amount is the equivalent of getting a B12 shot from your doctor. Also, all the vitamins in Zipfizz are water soluble, thus your body will flush out the excess of vitamins.
Since the taste was really sweet, I couldn't drink Zipfizz all at once, so the release of energy was probably a little more gradual for me than for someone who drinks the whole serving at once. I wasn't bouncing off the walls or anything, but I did feel like I had a good bit of energy.
On the Zipfizz website, a box of 20 tubes is $37.99, which comes out to $1.89 per serving. That seems a little steep to me, but when you consider that it's pretty much like a (super) multivitamin, it doesn't seem as expensive.
Zipfizz was kind enough to offer to send TWO of you a sampler pack of Zipfizz. Not only will you receive a sample of each of the 5 regular flavors, you'll also receive a Zipfizz bottle!
Here is how to enter...
Note: you must leave a comment below to enter. Please leave a separate comment for each entry for them to count!
- You must be a follower of this blog (let me know if you already are!) (+ one comment/entry only)
- Follow Zipfizz (@Zipfizzcorp) on Twitter HERE (+ one comment/entry only)
- Share a link to this giveaway on your blog, Facebook page, or Twitter (include @Zipfizzcorp and @sweatylauren in your tweet) (+ one comment/entry PER DAY - Yes, you can share it each day for more entries! Just leave a separate comment each day.)
This giveaway will be open through Saturday, January 14, 2012 and TWO winners will be announced thereafter in a separate blog post.
If you still have questions about Zipfizz, please visit their website: www.zipfizz.com. You can also check them out on Facebook HERE!
Disclaimer: I was sent samples of Zipfizz to try free of charge. The opinions expressed above, whether positive or negative, are my own. I was not monetarily compensated for this review. The samples are being provided to the winners free of charge. No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.